Monday, March 19, 2018

Random Thoughts

It's been a tough week, capped off by the long drive to get the Catbird back to school from spring break. Here are some random thoughts:

*Defenestrate is a great word, but, boy is it hard to work into everyday conversation.

*There is nothing more optimistic in this world than a dog.

*Waking up to single-digit temperatures again kind of sucks, but it looks like we're at least going to have a snow-free week.

*I need to find my next writing project.

*The Bruins are doing their best to make a believer out of me.

*Waiting is still the hardest part.

*There is nothing quite like a good bagel in the morning.

*It's nice to have it still light at 7pm, though I'm not crazy about waking up again in the pitch dark.

*Black Panther was a lot of fun.

*It's going to be hard for season 2 of Jessica Jones to top season 1, but two episodes in, they're off to a good start.

*David Byrne sounds like David Byrne--yet he doesn't. I find this video strangely compelling, and the song has been stuck in my head the last couple of days. It's funny how people's voices change as they age.


That's all I've got for today--what's on your mind?

3 comments:

  1. Not much on my mind today. Had to finish a good book (you know how it is when you get toward the end!!) and look forward to a nice afternoon of writing. Although, I might need to eat something first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're hoping for no more snow as well! The snowbanks are slowly melting - but I'm sure we'll get another dump or two at some point :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. -Stacy: gotta refuel! Sounds like the new project is going well!
    -Jemi: I hope for dusting, not dump!

    ReplyDelete

Alas, due to an overwhelming tide of spam from Anonymous commenters, you must now be a registered user to comment. Sorry, folks, I hope it does not cause inconvenience.